Monday, May 7, 2012

Last dentist appointment before surgery!

The last time i went to the dentist, I thought we were all done. Well, it turns out that my dentist forgot to put my surgical hooks in my mouth. So, hence the name of this post. This appointment wasn't too bad. Better than I expected, actually. All they did really was take one of the crowns on my top jaw on each side, and I guess melted it into the crown. I would take pictures, but they're really hard you don't have anything other than a webcam. Hah. 


So to describe the hooks better, they're on the inside of my teeth. They point up just like the regular hooks on braces. But they make my mouth feel really small & filled up. :( I just have to keep remembering that this won't be forever. God will help me through this all.:)


That's all we did today. Heather (one of my dentists assistance's) Gave me some liquid band-aid, just in case I get a cut in my mouth or something. I'm actually going to miss the dentist when I get my surgery. But i'll still be able to see them. A lot. 


This Wednesday (May 9), I have to go to some x ray place to get my x rays taken. Then the very next day I have my pre-op appointment with my surgeon! I'm very excited to meet him & know how to prepare myself for the after surgery journey! On my next post, i'll make sure to take pictures & show you all more of how I am now before I get my jaw fixed:) Thank you guys for taking the time to read my blogs, & hopefully I'll be able to answer any questions you may have soon! 


Love,


                 Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment